Thursday, September 13, 2007

What is a structure?

We were asking few questions to this interviewee who said he is an expert in C++ (EC++) but rated himself 3 or 4 in C!!!
It was a telephonic interview.
To set the context, we were talking something about classes in C++.

Me: What is a struct? (Chicken soup)
EC++: Could you repeat the question again please?

Me: What is a structure?
EC++: Oh structure!!! While writing the program, a good structure needs to be followed. Otherwise it's very difficult to read the program, so if the code is structured well, it's readability is more.

Me: Well, I'm afraid I was not talking about that, I was asking what is a struct?
EC++: Pardon me.

Me: Have you heard of struct data type, the one like int, char...there is something called struct, do you know?
EC++: Oh, I don't know, I've never heard about it.

Other posts of interest: The man who knew too much
Post a Comment