Saturday, May 01, 2010

Sneakpeak of NorthEast

My recent vacation to Northeast was the longest, the most rained and the most relaxed one. We had been to Shillong, Cherrapunji, Dowki - The Indo-Bangladesh border, the root bridge near Mawlynnong village, Tinskiya town and nearby villages, Lekhabali in Arunachal, the historical town of Sibsagar and Guwahati. Trip to Khaziranga and Majuli were, unfortunately, rained out, however, as a recompense, we happened to be a part of Bihu festival celebrations in a small village.

Like I had tweeted, I have really huge number of photos to deal with and my life, both professionally and personally, has become very busy. So before I actually start editing my photographs and writing blog posts on individual places/events, I thought of giving a sort of preview with sample photographs of all the places we had been, hope you like it. So here is how northeast looked to me:


A Sadhu at Sibsagar


Bihu celebrations in the village


Tasty Kachoris


Umiam lake on the outskirts of Shillong


The root bridge


Hardworking Khasis of Meghalaya


The locals in Dowki


The stone peddlers of Dowki


The limestone caves of Cherrapunji


Top view of a waterfall in Cherrapunji


Abode for pigeons and Gods, Khamkya temple, Guwahati


A view of Khamakya temple, Guwahati


An annex of the fort at Sibsagar


On the banks of Gaai river in Lekhabali


Lonely house in Lekhabali


Tea estates on the outskirts of Tinsukiya


Decorators in Shillong
Post a Comment