Saturday, November 13, 2010

Diwali 2010

Last year's Diwali photographs could be found here.
This was the first Diwali for me after wedding and traditionally I should have been in my in-laws place getting pampered, hogging sweets they prepare and firing crackers.  Since firing crackers is banned in Shanghai, I decided to spend my Diwali here at my place and my wife was pampered, fed with sweets, made to fire crackers and she felt very festive for the first time here.   She prepared lanterns and lit lamps and enjoyed her first Diwali in India (the previous was in China some five years ago, read about it here). I, as usual did some clicks and the results are below.  The most challenging part of shooting was the unpredictability of the explosions in the sky.   All photographs were shot hand-held, all explosives shots were shot with 70-200/4L on 20D, touched using Aperture 3.1.
















Post a Comment